Veterinary, farm management and support services for dairy herds
CVC has five veterinarians providing a wide variety of services to district dairy farmers. These services range from standard herd health procedures on individuals within a herd, and at the herd level, through to more advanced farm management systems support. Our dairy vet team includes a wealth of extensive experience, not only in years within veterinary practice, but also specific to our region.
The work we do with dairy farmers and their herds includes:
• Individual animal medicine, lameness and reproductive management
• Herd pregnancy testing – both manual and ultrasound examination
• Herd reproductive performance analysis and planning
• Milk quality and mastitis investigations and risk management
• Herd level disease investigation and prevention
• Transition cow management, troubleshooting and planning
• Feedbase analysis and planning
Our CVC software systems are utilised for analysis of on farm records through both the Mistro program (Mastitis Focus Report) and Dairy Data (reproductive planning/Fertility Focus Report). We also employ tools and resources in our dairy services from the following National Dairy Australia programs: Countdown and InCalf.